Code of Conduct
JSConf Code of Conduct
The short version :
- Don't harass anyone
- If someone is harassing you, report it to a moderator
- Have fun
- Be excellent to each other
- No advertising or excessive promotion
- No bots, unless they're cute, funny, or useful. Bots should avoid posting to the public timeline.
- No pornography, nudity, or something that would be considered "NSFW" in a U.S. workplace, even behind a NSFW warning.
- No gore or graphic violence
- Content that is borderline NSFW or could be construed as NSFW at a glance should be put behind a CW (Content Warning)
- No racism
- No sexism
- No discrimination based on gender, sexual minority, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or national origin
- No xenophobia or violent nationalism
- No sexual depictions of children
- No holocaust denialism, Nazi symbolism, promotion of National Socialism, or anything that is illegal in the European Union
- No stalking or harassment
- No fake accounts, even celebrity joke accounts. Note this rule does not necessarily apply to remote accounts.
- No "follow bots." We block these and our instance is on a "no bots" list.
If you are being harassed, please report the user using the "…" button and then "Report." For urgent concerns, please DM a moderator.
If you engage in harassing behavior, the moderator may take any action they deem appropriate, such as a warning or an expulsion.
The above rules may change at any time, and you may be banned at any time based on the moderators' judgment.
What will we do with your data? Nothing. How will you be influenced by advertisers? You won't; brands and non-humans (other than fun/useful bots) are banned. How will we aggregate your data in order to improve your service… none of that.
We will never share your data with anyone else, except in the case of valid legal requests if it comes to that. (Hopefully it won't come to that!)
More privacy measures on toot.cafe:
EXIF data (GPS location, date, camera type, etc.) is stripped from images and never stored.
All crawlers are blocked in robots.txt.
HTTPS is used everywhere thanks to Let's Encrypt.
No ads or trackers.
Links are direct URLs rather than tracking redirects.
Understand though that this instance is run by me, and (as is the case with all Mastodon servers) i potentially have access to your data, including DMs. The back-end is also not encrypted. If this is not okay with you, this might not be the instance for you.
Also, for truly private data sent between two people, Mastodon offers no E2E encryption. So use Signal for the things you really want to be private.
***Discussion and Feedback*** :
For questions about policy, bots, design, theming, etc., please refer to our discussions GitHub repo.
We block some other instances. The full list is below. For disputes, please contact the admin via DM or email.
The purpose of this list is to be transparent to our users. Our rules are based on the example set by mastodon.social.
This list is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered the one definitive list for all-time of instances full of bad people who are bad and should feel bad about themselves. This is a list of instances blocked by toot.cafe based on the judgment of our moderators, our Code of Conduct, and the laws of the United States.